- Personal Information
3.1 The personal information we collect
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address, and/or telephone number
- your emergency contact details
- your preferences and/or opinions
- your academic qualifications
- your credit card or other payment details (including through our third-party payment processor)
- your sensitive information as set out below
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you
- our browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behavior; ∙ information about your access and use of our Sites, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Sites, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider; ∙ additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Sites, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party. We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
3.2 How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- Directly: We collect personal information which you directly provide to us, including when you register for a course with us, through the ‘contact us form on our website or when you request our assistance via email or over the telephone
- Indirectly: We may collect personal information which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us, such as when you use our website, in emails, over the telephone, and in online inquiries.
3.3 How we collect personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Sites, associated applications, and associated social media platforms
- to contact and communicate with you
- for internal recordkeeping, administrative purposes, invoicing, and billing purposes
- for analytics, market research, and business development, including operating and improving our Sites, associated applications, and associated social media platforms
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you
- for advertising and marketing, including sending you promotional information about our products and services and information that we consider may be of interest to you
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- if you have applied for employment with us, consider your employment application.
3.4 Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third-party service providers to enable them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors, and payment systems operators
- our employees, contractors, and/or related entities
- our existing or potential agents or business partners (such as universities)
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred; credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals, and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics (To find out how Google uses data when you use third-party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time) or other relevant analytics businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
Where we disclose your personal information to the third parties listed above, these third parties may store, transfer or access personal information outside Australia.
We will only disclose your personal information to countries with laws that protect your personal information in a way that is substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles, or we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure overseas third parties protect your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
3.5 How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, sexual practices or sex life, criminal records, health information, or biometric information.
The type of sensitive information we may collect about you includes
- racial or ethnic origin
- professional associations or memberships
- criminal records; and
- health information (such as details of an allergy, accessibility requirements, or a doctor’s certificate).
We will not collect sensitive information about you without first obtaining your consent. Provided you consent to the collection of your sensitive information, we will only collect, hold, use and disclose your sensitive information for the following purposes:
- any purposes you consent to
- the primary purpose for which it is collected (determined based on the collection and any privacy collection notice provided at the time of collection)
- secondary purposes that are directly related to the primary purpose for which it was collected, including disclosure to the third parties listed at 4.4, as reasonably necessary to provide our Sites to you
- to contact emergency services, or to speak with your family, partner or support person where we reasonably believe there is a serious risk to the life, health or safety of you or another person and it is impracticable for us to obtain your consent; and
- if otherwise required or authorized by law.
- Our commitment to you
Your personal information will:
- be processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner by us
- be collected in a way that is adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary for relation to the purpose for which the personal information is processed
- be kept up to date, where it is possible and within our control to do so (please let us know if you would like us to correct any of your personal information)
- be kept in a form which permits us to identify you, but only for so long as necessary for the purposes for which the personal information was collected; and
- be processed securely and in a way that protects against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage.
- Your rights and controlling your personal information
Anonymity: Where practicable, we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym in your dealings with us.
Unsubscribing: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of marketing communications, please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Access: You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to withhold access to your personal information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, or out of date. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to not correct your personal information.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with the full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. You also have the right to contact the relevant authority in the country in which you are based.
- Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures such as the pseudonymization and encryption of personal information to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorized access, modification, and disclosure.
- Cookies and web beacons
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our Sites.
We may use web beacons on our Sites from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behavior and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
- Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at
Email: [email protected]